Sunday, March 20, 2011

3/12/2011: Good-bye to Big Sky

Yes, this was it, the final day. We got up extra early again and went to breakfast. We ate super fast so we could get to our flight on time. Of course, this was after loading up the bags we had packed the night before.

We left the resort and said our goodbyes. The hour long ride was almost painful because of how much fun we were having here. Of course, the ride was still beautiful, so that was nice.

We saw a couple of elk grazing in the trees, and followed the same river as before. Passed the same houses, saw the same sights. We got into town, and received a little surprise: I glanced up and saw a bald eagle soaring right overhead. I quickly pointed and thankfully everyone saw it (I think).

We got to the airport... and waited. Another painful wait. Matt and I played Palace, a card game, to pass the time. Eventually the plane boarded, and we said goodbye to Montana.

When we landed in Minneapolis, we had to wait almost 20 minutes to get off the plane due to scheduling errors (fails) with the gates. This left us almost no time to get lunch, so my dad ran to pick us up subs at Quiznos. He almost didn't make it onto the plane, but thankfully he did. And with our lunches. Steak and Cheese subs (which weren't very good in my opinion, but still edible).

We got back to Boston. It was really pretty to see the city at night. We picked up our luggage, said our goodbyes to each other, and left to go to our rides. My mom came right after we got out, so it was good timing. And thus concludes my trip to Big Sky Montana.

I know, I know, I still don't have pictures. But I'm working with my dad on that tomorrow, so look for them.

Thanks for reading, everyone! You can send me emails at travis@kirksellshomes.com, travis96@gmail.com, or talk to me in person if you have any other questions about the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment